Expertise in components
With more than 20 years of experience in the field and thousands of analyses performed, we now have a unique know-how that allows us to intervene on all types of electronic components, boards and systems.
We offer several types of expertise in order to verify and characterize your products.
DPA & Construction Analysis :
DPA: Analysis of the quality of your products in relation to MIL or ESA/ESCC standards.
Construction Analysis: Analysis of the quality of your products in relation to the state of the art.
All these analyses are carried out using non-destructive testing such as visual inspection, radiography or acoustic microscopy and destructive testing such as microsection, shear tests, tensile tests, weldability, etc.
Find out more about the equipment used for these analyses.
In order to determine the failure modes and mechanisms, we offer electrical and physical analyses on the components.
We have multiple means of sample preparation, observation and analysis:
- Electrical testing
- Optical microscopy
- Acoustic microscopy
- 2D and 3D X-ray – X-ray laminography
- Infrared thermography
- Package opening (mechanical, chemical, etc.)
- Slice and view
- SEM observations (Scanning Electron Microscopy)
- EDX materials analysis
- TEM observation (Transmission Electron Microscopy)
- Fault location
Thanks to the FIB (Focused Ion Beam) we access the internal functions of a circuit. It is then possible to cut metallic lines and add metallic connections or metallic probing pads.
In a context of design modification, debugging or first presentation of electrical performance, modifying circuits with FIB allows to test a specific modification of a device and avoids the need to remanufacture the chip and the numerous lithographic masks.
- Selective etching of aluminium and other metals
- Selective copper etching
- Selective dielectric etching
- Metal deposition
- Dielectric deposition
Key points of circuit modification :
- Matrix alignment (GDS II) for precise modifications
- Direct circuit modification: cuts and straps, for mature Al technologies or for more advanced Cu / lowk technologies. Metal filling is a challenge, but it can be managed.
- Metal probe padding for measurements of two or more point probes
- An open laboratory with your presence is a possibility for personalized needs and specific requests.
- Location of a fault by potential contrast
- Modifications on the reverse side are possible
Additional information :
- We work with several types of devices: chip, case, wafer, PCB
- Possibility of decapping the preliminary package
- We can test the modifications internally with our probe system.
- Delivery time reduced to 3 days
- Standard delivery time: 2 weeks
- SERMA repository, FTP client or encryption solutions (OpenPGP, S/MIME) to secure the communication of your GDS II file