Space expeditions, in particular long-term satellite missions, require the highest quality and longest lifespan for their embedded technologies.
SERMA Technologies provides its technological expertise when supplying EEE components by conducting destructive physical analyses, qualifications of components and assembly processes, upscreening, relifing, etc.
We monitor the manufacturing processes for components and circuit boards as well as materials used through PCBA verification and PCB inspection programmes.
SERMA addresses the specific needs of the procurement chain for a component by performing each stage from design to supply of an ASIC, by performing assembly and a customised test, or by qualifying COTS plastic components.
SERMA is an ESA-recommended laboratory and provides customised support for each sector stakeholder:
- Space agencies and research laboratories
- Manufacturers of launch vehicles and satellites
- Equipment manufacturers, subcontractors
- Component manufacturers
Batch quality control for EEE components
- DPA (Destructive Physical Analysis)
- Construction analysis
- Failure analysis
- Sample preparation (functional package opening)
- Counterfeit detection
- Batch repackaging for storage
Electrical testing & component qualification
- Electrical test engineering
- Screening, upscreening, relifing
- Post-Programming Burn-In for FPGA components and other programmable components (PPBI)
- LAT (Lot Acceptance Testing)
- Qualification of COTS (Components Off-The-Shelf) components
- Radiation resistance testing
- Electronic components, printed circuit boards, electrical connectors, sensors, batteries, power electronics, circuit boards and electronic systems, etc.
Materials & manufacturing processes
- PCB incoming inspection
- Verification programme for circuit boards in accordance with ECSS-Q-ST-70-08/38
- Environmental testing, microsectioning
- MIP holding (Mandatory Inspection Point)
- Supplier audits
- Analysis of materials, pollution, etc.
- Electronic component technologies
- Manufacturing processes: inspections, checks, audits
- Component quality assurance
- Wafer probing
- Wafer cross-section
- Visual inspection of unassembled components
- Assembly of components
- Screening & LAT according to ESCC 9000 / 5000