The rail sector requires a very high level of reliability, availability and life expectancy, while incorporating new embedded technologies.
SERMA provides its technological expertise in embedded electronic systems by ensuring the reliability of components and electronic systems.
SERMA Technologies monitors manufacturing processes for components and circuit boards as well as materials used through verification programmes for PCBAs and PCBs, and site audits worldwide.
We address the specific needs of the procurement chain for a component by performing each stage from design to supply of an ASIC, by performing assembly and a customised test, or by qualifying COTS plastic components.
SERMA provides personalised support for each sector stakeholder:
- Manufacturers of rolling stock and ground support equipment
- Equipment manufacturers, subcontractors
- Component manufacturers and suppliers
Component quality assurance
- DPA (Destructive Physical Analysis)
- Construction analysis
- Failure analysis
- Obsolescence management
- Second source qualification
- Counterfeit detection
- Batch repackaging for storage
- Component repackaging
Electrical testing and component qualification
- Electrical test engineering
- Screening, upscreening
- Qualification of COTS (Components Off-The-Shelf) components
- Electronic components, printed circuit boards, electrical connectors, sensors, power electronics, etc.
Qualification of electronic equipment
- Conducting electrical tests
- Environmental tests
- Physical analysis (microsectioning, CSAM, whiskers, etc.)
Materials & manufacturing processes
- PCB qualification and quality control
- Verification programme in accordance with IPC-A-610
- Analysis of soldering, microsectioning
- Analysis of Whisker risks
- EMS technical audits
- Support with improving manufacturing and integration processes for circuit boards, batteries, cable harness sensors, etc.
- ESD audits
- Commented design: technological choices, RoHS, DFT, DFR, DFM, etc.
- Analysis of materials, pollution, etc.
- Resolving quality issues, searching for root causes, failure analysis
- Support with drawing up design and production specifications
- Determining the mission profile
- Reliability and robustness improvement plan (HALT/HASS, etc.)
- Qualification plan
- Analysis of components list
- Alert management (Obsolescence, RoHS, export licensing, etc.)
- Processing obsolescences, replacement solutions
- Qualification of alternative sources
- Counterfeit detection
- Redesigning circuit boards
- Electronic component technologies
- Manufacturing processes: inspections, checks, audits
- Component quality assurance
- Controlling the component supply chain
- Component and system reliability