The energy sector, which is shifting towards renewable energy, is faced with the mass introduction of new electronic technologies and extremely high demands in terms of reliability and availability.
SERMA Technologies provides its technological expertise in embedded electronic systems by ensuring the reliability of components, electronic systems, energy storage systems, photovoltaics, etc.
We have recognised expertise in assisting with problem-solving for components, batteries, circuit boards and electronic systems, in supporting design and industrialisation, and in managing and handling obsolescence
(analysis of components list, second source qualification, etc.).
SERMA monitors the manufacturing processes for components, batteries, circuit boards and materials used, through verification programmes.
We address the specific needs of reliability, remaining lifespan, and dependability by building on methodological support and risk mitigation plans.
SERMA Technologies provides customised support for each sector stakeholder:
- Equipment manufacturers
- Equipment manufacturers, subcontractors
- Component manufacturers and suppliers
Quality assurance for component batches & batteries
- DPA (Destructive Physical Analysis)
- Construction analysis
- Failure analysis
- Obsolescence management
- Second source qualification
- Counterfeit detection
- Batch repackaging for storage
- Component repackaging
Materials & manufacturing processes
- PCB qualification and quality control
- Verification programme in accordance with IPC-A-610
- Analysis of soldering, microsectioning
- Analysis of Whisker risks
- EMS technical audits
- Support with improving manufacturing and integration processes for circuit boards
- ESD audits
- Commented design: technological choices, RoHS, DFT, DFR, DFM, etc.
- Analysis of materials, pollution, etc.
Electrical testing & component qualification
- Electrical test engineering
- Screening, upscreening
- Qualification of COTS (Components Off-The-Shelf) components
- Electronic components, printed circuit boards, electrical connectors, sensors, batteries, photovoltaics, power
- Resolving quality issues, searching for root causes, failure analysis
- Support with drawing up design and production specifications
- Determining the mission profile/li>
- Reliability and robustness improvement plan (HALT/HASS, etc.)
- Remaining lifespan
- Qualification plan
Qualification of electronic equipment & energy storage systems
- Conducting electrical tests
- Environmental tests
- Abuse testing on energy storage systems
- Physical analysis (microsectioning, CSAM, whiskers, etc.)
- Analysis of components list
- Alert management (Obsolescence, RoHS, export licensing, etc.)
- Processing obsolescences, replacement solutions
- Qualification of alternative sources
- Counterfeit detection
- Component storage
- Redesigning circuit boards
- Electronic component technologies
- Manufacturing processes: inspections, checks, audits, etc.
- Component quality assurance
- Controlling the component supply chain
- Component and system reliability